When you regularly cleanse your program files folder of unused software, you may find certain programs and executable files you do not know how they got there.
You definitely want to know if it’s okay to uninstall something before actually doing so if you run into unusual plugins like ESN Sonar or processes like sonarhost.exe in your Task Manager. You might wish first to identify the program ESN Sonar is before uninstalling it or the ESN Sonar API.
Overview of ESN Sonar
By overcoming the gap between the desktop and the web, ESN Sonar makes sure users stay connected while browsing the web or even after closing their browsers. We assist you in using Amazon EC2 cloud servers to host your service. Sonar technology’s tiny system footprint, low latency, and voice are top qualities that have been tried and tested over the years. Additionally, the cloud guarantees quick and reliable scaling.
ESN Sonar: What Does it do?
ESN Social Software AB created a program called ESN Sonar. With the addition of a Windows Firewall exemption and the ability for users to connect unhindered, it is made to connect to the internet.
If you didn’t manually or automatically install the ESN Sonar API, it most likely came with one of your apps or games, especially Battlefield 3 or 4 from Electronic Arts Inc.
Its primary function is to enable player conversation in the game chat room without interfering with sonar integration as the primary program because it is created as an exception to the Windows Firewall.
The voice chat quality must be excellent for successful player interaction. Integrating voice communication within a game might be difficult without specialized software like the ESN Sonar API. Therefore, the ESN Sonar API must be a fundamental game component if you want optimum performance.
When you install the Battlefield Online Game, a Google Chrome and Firefox plugin is immediately loaded. It employs VoIP technology to transfer voice information through voice chat channels.
Should You Keep It or Remove It?
With the aid of ESN Sonar, you may converse with others as you browse the internet. However, not everyone enjoys or needs it.
You might want to uninstall the tool from your computer if you don’t use voice communication frequently or if it is giving you trouble.
Some users are concerned about their privacy and security when using a communication tool that depends on the cloud.
Although ESN Sonar takes precautions to protect user data, you can use something else if you don’t trust it or would rather use another tool.
ESN sonar can either be kept or removed, depending on your preferences. Keep it if you enjoy the tool and frequently use voice communication.
However, you might want to remove it if you don’t use it frequently or have concerns about performance or privacy.
How do I remove ESN Sonar?
If you wish to remove ESN Sonar from your computer and are running Windows 10, use the following actions:
1. In the search box, hit the Windows key on your computer and enter “Control Panel.” To access the Control Panel app, click on it.
2. Click “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a program” in the Control Panel’s “Programs” section.
3. Find “ESN Sonar” in the list of installed programs by scrolling down.
4. After selecting “ESN Sonar” by clicking on it, go to the top of the list and click the “Uninstall” button.
5. To finish the uninstallation procedure, adhere to the instructions. You could be prompted to confirm your choice or explain why you’re removing the software.
6. Restart your computer when the uninstallation is finished to confirm that all ESN Sonar-related files and settings have been deleted.
It’s crucial to keep in mind that some apps cannot be completely deleted until your computer has restarted. You might try examining your computer for any lingering files or registry entries connected to ESN Sonar if you’re not sure if the program has been properly removed. We can also see if any ESN Sonar files are still present on your computer by looking through the “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” folders. You might need to get in touch with the ESN Sonar support staff if you’re still having problems.
ESN Sonar: Common Error Messages
Typical sonarhost.exe error messages include the following:
1. ESN Sonar has encountered an error and needs to close.
2. Error: ESN Sonar cannot connect to the server.
3. An unknown error has occurred with ESN Sonar.
4. ESN Sonar has stopped working unexpectedly.
5. Unable to launch ESN Sonar due to an error.
6. There was a problem loading ESN Sonar.
7. ESN Sonar is experiencing technical difficulties.
8. An error occurred while using ESN Sonar.
9. ESN Sonar has encountered an unexpected error.
10. The ESN Sonar server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
ESN sonar battlefield 4
Sonar is an Internet telephony plugin in the case of the ESN. It is only available for usage in Battlelog from EA.
The Battlelog is a social platform that, among other things, enables you to communicate information about Battlefields 3 and 4 with friends and complete strangers. There is also a voice chat option for communication.
Install the ESN Sonar as soon as you utilize Battlelog’s voice chat. The process “sonarhost.exe” is currently running on your computer.
ESN Sonar is a must-have if you plan to use Battlelog’s voice chat feature. You can skip the function and remove the tool using the control panel.
Help link: www.sonar-api.com
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\esnsonar_uninstall.exe
Estimated size: 2.34 MB
Files installed by ESN Sonar
Name: ESN Sonar API
ESN Sonar Host Application
Path:C:\Program Files\battlelog web plugins\sonar\0.70.4\sonarhost.exe
npesnsonar.dll – ESN Sonar API (0.70.4)
SonarAx.ocx – ESN Sonar ActiveX Plugin